Stroke Rehabilitation Center
The Stroke Rehabilitation Center at TIRR Memorial Hermann is specially designed to maximize a outcome for patients who have suffered a stroke.
Therapy After Stroke in a Hospital Setting
We provide specialized medical management, nursing and therapy services in a hospital setting. Individual therapy, group treatment and community outings address the patient's functional abilities.
Comprehensive interdisciplinary care provides reinforcement of treatment goals throughout the day for patients at all functioning levels. TIRR Memorial Hermann provides support groups, counseling and individualized training to prepare families and caregivers for taking on the additional responsibilities of caring for the patient upon discharge.
Inpatient Stroke Services
Recovery After Discharge with Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
Recovery from stroke does not end with a patient's discharge from the inpatient program. Rather, recovery continues long after the return home.
The programs at the Outpatient Medical Clinic and Outpatient Rehabilitation allow patient and family to transition from the hospital setting to home while continuing to receive intense therapy services and medical monitoring. Stroke support groups, counseling, education and individualized training also prepare families and caregivers for the patient's discharge
To learn more about stroke rehab and see how you can participate in the acclaimed Stroke Program at TIRR Memorial Hermann, call (713) 797-5942.
Stroke Patient Statistics
- In 2011, 352 patients were discharged from the TIRR Memorial Hermann Stroke Program
- 75% of patients had either their left body or right body involved. 10% had both sides involved and 15% had other forms of stroke.
- 15 patients were adolescents in 2011
- The average length of stay at TIRR Memorial Hermann was 32 days. The national average at other rehabilitation facilities is 21 days.
- On average, each patient received 3 to 4 hours of therapy per day
- 65% of TIRR Memorial Hermann stroke patients returned home to the community
- 91% of patients and family members would recommend TIRR Memorial Hermann to others
Stroke Fact Sheet & Clinical Outcomes
Download the full TIRR Memorial Hermann Stroke Fact Sheet: