NOW OPEN - TIRR Memorial Hermann Research Center
1333 Moursund St.
Houston, TX 77030
Since 1959, TIRR Memorial Hermann has been a
national leader in interdisciplinary rehabilitation services, patient care,
education and research. Through the education of future rehabilitation experts,
TIRR Memorial Hermann continues to remain a source of new discovery and thought leadership within
the field. To further these efforts, TIRR Memorial Hermann recently opened the TIRR Memorial
Hermann Research Center. This state-of-the-art facility provides researchers
with the tools to pioneer new advances in rehabilitative medicine that can lead to improvements in patient lives. Having a single facility where researchers can work on various research projects promotes tremendous synergy between researchers, disciplines and programs. It creates an integrated campus where all critical components of care and services come together for the benefit of our patients.
Research efforts include:
Texas Medical Center provides convenient surface lot parking at the main entrance to TIRR Memorial Hermann on Moursund Street in the DD Lot. Parking is also available in Garage 6, located adjacent to TIRR Memorial Hermann at the corner of Moursund St. and M.D. Anderson Blvd. Wheelchair accessible parking is available in both locations.
For additional information please visit our parking page or contact the TMC Parking Help Line at (713) 791-6161.
- The Brain Injury and Stroke Program has been designated a Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (TBIMS) by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) with $2.2 million in funding.
- The NeuroRecovery Research Center will be the study site for collaborative research supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the President’s National Robotics Initiative with funding through a grant of $1.17 million.
- NIDRR awarded $3 million to the TBIMS to perform a 5-year study to determine whether the medicine donepezil is an effective treatment for memory deficits resulting from traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- TIRR Memorial Hermann is a data collection site for a large national study involving research groups across the country to collect data on 3,000 persons with TBI to improve knowledge of biomarkers, risk factors, outcomes, etc. in TBI to improve research and treatments for persons with TBI. This study is funded by NIH.
- TIRR Memorial Hermann has a total of 15 full-time research investigators. Clinicians such as nurses, therapists and other staff also participate in research at TIRR. Meet the researchers.