TIRR Memorial Hermann & WeRob 2017
CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
For the International Symposium on Wearable Robotics and Rehabilitation
November 5-8, 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 30, 2017
Abstract Notification Deadline: July 30, 2017
For Submission application: email@example.com, Phone: (713)797-7378.
DEFINITIONS: Posters are posted for period of time during the conference, with presenters scheduled to present for a specified time frame, as assigned by the planning committee. The primary author MUST register, attend the symposium.
AUTHORS AND FEES: Individuals may submit up to 2 abstracts as the presenting author, but are allowed unlimited submissions as a secondary author. If an abstract is accepted for presentation as a poster, the presenter must register for the conference. There is no waiver of registration fees for presentation of a poster.
SUBMISSION: All abstracts must be submitted online. Designated Scientific Committee members will review abstracts submitted and makes the final decision regarding presentation format and date/time.
Submitters are expected to ensure all information is correct at the time of submission. Presenter information will appear exactly as submitted in all publications both in print and on-line. Contact co-presenters to ensure the accuracy of this information before finalizing your submission. All credentials should be listed under the field “degree”. Abstracts are intended to represent scientific research or non-commercial content related to clinical practice. Advertisements are not acceptable. Abstracts require presenter/author information including credentials (listed in the degree field), contact information, institutions, city, and state. Please be sure that your contact information is correct as all correspondence relating to submissions will occur via email.
For Abstract Submission:
Please also include the following required fields:
Background & Purpose
Background and Purpose
Outcomes, if any
Background and Purpose
ASSESSMENT CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- Relevance to wearable robotics and/or rehabilitation enhanced by wearable robotics
- Adds to existing knowledge, is an innovation/cutting edge topic
- Contributes to the major content areas of the conference
- Multidisciplinary approaches
Proposals are reviewed online by your colleagues in a peer review that will take place from June 30 – July 30, 2017 . A minimum of 4 reviews is given to each submission. Only reviewers who have demonstrated competency in research will review research-related proposals.
Note: There is a 300 word limit for the text of your abstract submission. This includes spaces, but not authors or institutions. If you have questions concerning, contact the designated individuals below:
Patricia.firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (713) 797-7378.
Research papers and posters require data. Review criteria include:
- PURPOSE: Clearly state the purpose of the study and research question(s) and provide the rationale/background. Explain why your research is needed and how your research addresses an important problem or issue in wearable robotics and/or wearable robotics with rehabilitation.
- DESIGN: Describe the study design (e.g., experimental, quasi-experimental, descriptive, ethnographic, narrative, phenomenological) and the criteria and method(s) used to recruit and select participants or data sources for study (e.g., diagnosis, age, severity level, studies).
- METHOD: Describe the instruments or methods used to collect data (e.g., measurement tools, qualitative methods (interview, approach, etc.) and the analytical methods/analysis procedure.
- RESULTS: Summarize findings, and link findings to your research question and analysis.
- CONCLUSION: Explain the conclusions you have drawn from your findings, clearly linking them to the research question(s). Include knowledge translation or implementation strategies, if relevant. If appropriatre this section should include a brief Impact Statement explaining: (1) How is the proposal important to practice, policy, and/or science? OR (2) how likely will it exert a powerful influence on wearable robotics and / or wearable robotics and rehabilitation?
*Note: Only completed research will be considered. Research work that is in progress must have preliminary data and preliminary analysis.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: The Symposium’s Scientific Committee reviewing your submissions. Each submission is considered based on its own merit, not in comparison to other submissions.
TEMPLATE: Please contact us for Abstract Submission forms at: email@example.com.