TIRR Memorial Hermann & WeRob 2017
Co-sponsored by the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society through the IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Wearable Robotics
CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS EXTENDED
For the International Symposium on Wearable & Rehabilitation Robotics
November 5-8, 2017
EXTENDED: Abstract Submission Deadline: September 22, 2017
EXTENDED: Abstract Notification Deadline: September 30, 2017
Abstract Submission Now Open. Submit Now.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (713)797-7378.
DEFINITIONS: Posters are posted for period of time during the conference, with presenters scheduled to present for a specified time frame, as assigned by the planning committee. The primary author MUST register, MUST attend the symposium, and MUST be present at assigned presentation times. There is no waiver of registration fees for presentation of a poster.
AUTHORS AND FEES: Individuals may submit up to 2 abstracts as the presenting author, but are allowed unlimited submissions as a secondary author. If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenter must register for the conference and present at specified times. There is no waiver of registration fees for presenters.
SUBMISSION: All poster abstracts must be submitted online. Designated Scientific Committee members will review abstracts submitted and makes the final decision regarding presentation format and date/time. Submitters are expected to ensure all information is correct at the time of submission. Contact co-presenters to ensure the accuracy of this information before finalizing your submission.
Poster Abstracts are intended to represent scientific research or non-commercial content related to clinical practice. Advertisements are not acceptable.
Please be sure that your contact information is correct as all correspondence relating to submissions.
ASSESSMENT CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- Relevance to wearable robotics and/or rehabilitation enhanced by wearable robotics
- Adds to existing knowledge, is an innovation/cutting edge topic
- Contributes to the major content areas of the conference
- Multidisciplinary approaches
Background & Purpose
Background and Purpose
Outcomes, if any
Background and Purpose
Proposals are reviewed online by the symposium’s Scientific Committee as designated by the symposium Co-chairs. This will take place from August 1 – August 15, 2017. A minimum of 4 reviewers will be assigned to each submission. Only reviewers who have demonstrated competency in research will review research-related proposals.
There is a 400 word limit for the text of your abstract submission. This includes spaces, but not authors or institutions. If you have questions concerning, contact the designated individuals below:
Patricia.email@example.com or call: (713) 797-7378.
Research papers and posters require data. Review criteria include:
- PURPOSE: Clearly state the purpose of the study and research question(s) and provide the rationale/background. Explain why your research is needed and how your research addresses an important problem or issue in wearable robotics and/or wearable robotics with rehabilitation.
- DESIGN: Describe the study design (e.g., experimental, quasi-experimental, descriptive, ethnographic, narrative, phenomenological) and the criteria and method(s) used to recruit and select participants or data sources for study (e.g., diagnosis, age, severity level, studies).
- METHOD: Describe the instruments or methods used to collect data (e.g., measurement tools, qualitative methods (interview, approach, etc.) and the analytical methods/analysis procedure.
- RESULTS: Summarize findings, and link findings to your research question and analysis.
- CONCLUSION: Explain the conclusions you have drawn from your findings, clearly linking them to the research question(s). Include knowledge translation or implementation strategies, if relevant. If appropriatre this section should include a brief Impact Statement explaining: (1) How is the proposal important to practice, policy, and/or science? OR (2) how likely will it exert a powerful influence on wearable robotics and / or wearable robotics and rehabilitation?
*Note: Only completed research will be considered. Research work that is in progress must have preliminary data and preliminary analysis.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: The Symposium’s Scientific Committee reviewing your submissions. Each submission is considered based on its own merit, not in comparison to other submissions.