At TIRR Memorial Hermann, we are now offering virtual appointments for outpatient therapy, neuropsychology, and physician and wellness programs to provide easy access to our specialized services and teams.
Virtual care is convenient and accessible for patients who may not be able to receive therapy services in the traditional fashion due to limitations imposed by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Patients who may benefit from these virtual care services are those who are living in nursing facilities, have transportation issues or are immunocompromised. These patients will now be able to benefit from telehealth.
Video appointments is available for new and existing, for physical, occupational, speech therapy and neuropsychology sessions. New patients will require an in-person assessment and will need to be deemed appropriate at the time of evaluation for the virtual service. The scope of these services may include, but are not limited to:
Outpatient therapy video visits including:
- Educating patients and family on home exercise programs
- Addressing splinting/casting needs
- Assessing and addressing barriers to completing activities of daily living
- Monitoring skin integrity for patients at risk of wounds
- Training family members
- Balance and functional activity exercises
- Addressing receptive and expressive language and cognition
Outpatient psychological and neuropsychological video visits including:
- Pyschological assessment
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Supportive counseling/psychotherapy
- Behavioral health interventions
Outpatient Medical Clinic
At the TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Medical Clinic, we now provide an easy, convenient way for you to connect with your healthcare provider without having to visit the office. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, scheduled video appointments are available with your provider for initial evaluation and diagnosis and follow-up care. These telehealth services are available only for established Clinic patients, discharge follow-ups and new patients.
Outpatient Medical Telehealth Services
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Baclofen® Pump Management
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Internal Medicine
- Spasticity (only for established patients)
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Psychiatry (only for established patients)
- Post-Polio Syndrome
- Neurology and Sleep Disorders
To schedule telehealth appointment, please call:
Outpatient Therapy - (800) 447-3422
Neuropsychology - (800) 447-3422
Outpatient Medical Clinic - (713) 797-5926.