Rehabilitation Psychology and Neuropsychology Outpatient Services
TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Network offers comprehensive psychological assessment and treatment services to promote increased functioning and quality of life for children, adolescents, and adults with disability or chronic medical conditions. Our team of psychologists utilizes evidence-based practices to assist individuals and their families in adapting to the effects of illness or injury.
- Neuropsychological Assessment: Neuropsychological assessment involves testing abilities such as attention, memory, visuospatial abilities, problemsolving, motor skills, emotional status, academic abilities, and functional abilities to assist with diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and educational/vocational planning.
- Psychological Assessment: Psychologists provide psychological assessment services to evaluate such factors as mood, personality, and coping resources to assist with treatment planning. In addition, our team provides psychological evaluations for presurgical assessment.
- Supportive Counseling/Psychotherapy: During psychotherapy, your mental health provider will help you learn about your condition, as well as about your moods, feelings, thoughts and behaviors. Psychotherapy helps you to learn how to take control of your life and respond to challenging situations by using healthy coping skills.
- Behavioral Health Interventions: Our team of psychologists promotes health by aiding in the prevention and treatment of health conditions. Treatment includes evidence-based practices such as training in self-management, use of behavioral strategies (such as relaxation training), and cognitive-behavioral approaches.
Neuropsychological and psychological assessment services available for persons with the following conditions:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Other acquired brain injury (e.g., brain tumor, anoxia)
- Degenerative disease
- Spinal cord injury or disorder
- Medical conditions affecting brain functioning
- Upcoming or recent neurosurgery
- Memory, attention, language problems that impair functioning
- Presurgical evaluations (e.g., spinal cord stimulator, gastric bypass/gastric sleeve, occipital nerve decompression, etc.)
Psychotherapy and behavioral health treatments available for the following conditions:
To make a referral or to schedule an appointment, call 1 (800) 44-REHAB (73422) or (713) 797-5942, or fax (713) 797-5988.