The TIRR Memorial Hermann Assessment Clinic is a physician-based clinic designed to evaluate the comprehensive rehabilitation needs of patients. Our physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) specialists (also called physiatrists) will provide comprehensive, specialized assessments to address muscle and bone issues, weakness, deconditioning, balance, falls, walking difficulties and more. Medical problems associated with physical disability, such as skin care, wound management, vestibular and balance dysfunction, and pain are addressed so patients can maximize abilities and get back to the life they love.
Is the TIRR Assessment Clinic right for your patient?
- Does the patient have difficulty moving and functioning in the home or the community?
- Does the patient have decreased independence in his/her mobility and quality of life?
- Does the patient need help with strength, balance and endurance? Has had multiple falls or difficulty walking?
- Is challenged with performing activities of daily living, swallowing and communication? Have cognitive deficits?
- Would the patient benefit from a comprehensive rehabilitation plan in collaboration with a team of clinicians including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, case managers, social workers, rehabilitation nurses and others?
- Are you looking for a team that will communicate and collaborate with you regarding the rehabilitation plan of care for the patient?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions above, then the TIRR Assessment Clinic is right for the patient.
For more information, an initial evaluation, physician consult or appointment, contact us at 1 (800) 44-REHAB (73422), or fax 713-797-5988.