Inpatient Rehab Hospital Admissions and Referrals
For inpatient referrals to TIRR Memorial Hermann, call the Admissions department at (713) 797-5942 or toll free at 1-800-44 REHAB (73422). Referrals may be made by patients, family members, physicians, social workers, case managers or discharge planners.
Our admissions team works closely with referring hospitals during the initial stages of injury or illness to ensure a timely admission. Nurse liaisons, admissions nurses and admissions coordinators assist in the referral and admission process. Faxed referrals are also accepted at (713) 797-5988 or (713) 797-7486.
TIRR Memorial Hermann Admission Criteria
Patients admitted to an inpatient program:
- Must be 13 years of age or older. On occasion, a child younger than 13 years of age and weighing at least 50 kg. may be admitted at the discretion of the attending physician. Children who are ventilator-dependent must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be medically stable
- Must require daily visits by a rehabilitation physician and 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Must be able to tolerate at least 3 hours of therapy per day
- Must require a multidisciplinary team approach and coordinated program of care
- Must have the physical and/or mental potential to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable amount of time.
Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Program
For more information or to schedule an assessment, call (713) 797-7386, or e-mail Myra.Vasquez-Romero@memorialhermann.org
Outpatient Medical Clinic
Appointments for an evaluation by a staff physician can be made by calling the Physician and Specialty Clinic at TIRR by calling (713) 797-5929.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Admissions and Referrals
Outpatient Rehabilitation requires a prescription, with a diagnosis, from a physician. Referrals can be made by contacting the facility directly via phone or fax. We welcome self-referrals, as well as referrals from family members, physicians, case managers, insurance companies and other healthcare professionals.
Outpatient Rehabilitation at the Kirby Glen
Phone (713) 524-9702
Fax (713) 383-5713
Outpatient Rehabilitation at Memorial City
Phone (713) 242-2290
Fax (713) 242-2293
Outpatient Rehabilitation at Northwest
Phone (713) 867-2674
Fax (713) 867-4630
Learn more about the TIRR admission process
Outpatient Therapy Order Form