Teresa C. Del Castillo, L.C.S.W., L.M.F.T., M.B.A.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Teresa Del Castillo is a bilingual licensed clinical social worker. She launched the outpatient behavioral health counseling services at TIRR Memorial Hermann to address the complex psychosocial needs of patients with disabilities and their families at TIRR Memorial Hermann's Physician and Specialty Clinic.
While at TIRR Memorial Hermann, Teresa:
- Brought to TIRR Memorial Hermann a weekly Alcoholics Anonymous group for inpatients and outpatients with substance abuse and addictions.
- Drafted and published an "Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities" manual.
- Served as liaison and helped to establish a joint project between TIRR Memorial Hermann and Houston's METRO to improve quality and access to transportation for people with disabilities (METROLift).
- Established a collaborative relationship with TIRR Memorial Hermann leadership and Mayor Annise Parker's Office for People with Disabilities, especially for addressing, planning and providing for their complex needs in Harris County and surrounding areas.
Prior to TIRR Memorial Hermann, Teresa spent several years as a practice manager and administrator with several Houston-area medical practices (2000 to 2009), was a clinical instructor in the department of Family Practice and Community Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School (1994 to 1997) and was in private practice specializing in individual, group, couples and family psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults of all ages (1984 to 1999), after beginning her career in 1982 working for a psychiatrist.
Teresa holds a master's from Houston Baptist University; a master's in social work, social treatment concentration, from the University of Houston and a bachelor's from The University of Texas at El Paso. She is also trained as an executive coach by Coaches Training Institute, Austin, Texas.
Certification and Licensure
Teresa's certification and licensure include:
- Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (D.S.W.)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (L.M.F.T.)
- Board-Approved Clinical Social Work Supervisor
Appointments & Referrals
To refer for treatment, call (713) 799-6945
Physician and Specialty Clinic
TIRR Memorial Hermann
Texas Medical Center
Houston, TX 77030