Camp Kids Unlimited
6301 Rehburg Rd.
Burton, TX 77835
(979) 289-3752 tel
(979) 289-5046 fax
Camp Kids Unlimited is a fall weekend camp for young people with physical disabilities. The camp will take place at Camp For All from Friday, October 17—Sunday, October 19, 2014. At Camp Kids Unlimited, your camper will be able to participate in various wheelchair sports and camp activities and you will have peace of mind knowing that your camper is safe and well taken care of!
Camper Criteria and Application Review:
- Be between the ages of 8-21
- Must have a “can do” attitude, be open minded and have the desire to push themselves beyond the limits
- Ability to self propel a manual wheelchair during a variety of activities including sports
- Can perform a variety of life skills, including self-hygiene, bowel/bladder independently
- Ability to perform all transfers without assistance, including chair to/from toilet
Applications are reviewed individually. Unfortunately camper candidates who do not meet the criteria stated above will not be accepted to Camp Kids Unlimited. For those that are not accepted please know that every effort will be made to find a camp that can cater to their specific health needs. If you are accepted a confirmation letter will be emailed to you confirming your acceptance. This letter will provide you with further details regarding camp. In some cases, you may receive a phone call from the camp director to review and clarify your application. Medical staff is available 24 hours a day during camp in the event of medical emergencies.
View the Camp Kids Unlimited Camper Application.
Accommodations and Staff
Cabin assignments are based on age and gender of camper. Each cabin is assigned a cabin counselor. The counselors are adults who have similar physical disabilities. Through their positive attitudes they have transitioned into a limitless adulthood. They will serve as role models and mentors for campers. Cabins are climate controlled with full wheelchair accessibility. Each cabin has a bathroom including bathing and toileting facilities that is wheelchair accessible as well.
Wheelchair ultimate Frisbee, ROPES course, wheelchair basketball, paintball, archery, kayaking, horseback riding, floor hockey, hand cycling and additional activities.
Register Your Camper
- For more information regarding Camp Kids Unlimited or for scholarships please contact Ava Skrabanek, Camp Director, 713-797-5928
- Email: Ava.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1333 Moursund, Houston TX 77030