Cancer and Amputee Outpatient Rehabilitation
TIRR Memorial Hermann, the top-ranked rehabilitation hospital in Texas and number 2 in the country according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital rankings for 2016-2017, creates customized treatment plans for every patient, maximizing their recovery. To better serve our West University community, TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation West University has opened its doors.
The goal of the outpatient facility is changing patients’ lives by helping them regain the skills and confidence they need to reintegrate into the community. Team members at TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation West University are among the best trained and most experienced rehabilitation professionals.
TIRR Memorial Hermann has been ranked among America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for more than two decades. Now that same level of advanced outpatient care is available in West University.
TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation West University offers individualized single or multidisciplinary therapy for adults in the following areas:
Outpatient Rehabilitation Team Members
Depending upon individual needs and customized treatment plans, team members may include:
Outpatient Medical Clinics for: Cancer Rehabilitation and Limb Loss
Dr. Carolina Gutierrez’s cancer rehabilitation & survivorship clinic and Dr. Danielle Melton’s amputee & limb loss clinic is now located at TIRR Memorial Hermann- West University.
Cancer Rehabilitation with Dr. Carolina Gutierrez:
- Preservation and restoration of function
- Support for cancer or cancer treatment-related impairments
- Cognitive dysfunction (“chemo-brain”)
- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy
- Community reintegration (return to work and independence)
- Health promotion (physical activity and nutrition)
- Development and coordination of an interdisciplinary plan of care
Amputee and Limb Loss Clinic with Dr. Danielle Melton:
- Rehabilitation of amputees
- Prosthetic prescription and management
- Orthotic and bracing prescription and management
- Gait analysis
- Orthopedic trauma rehabilitation
- Non-surgical spine management
- Care of musculoskeletal injuries and related disorders
If you would like to take a tour of the facility please call 832-658-5500